Greetings friends and current Remote Desktop Commander customers! We’ve just released Version 6.5 of our Remote Desktop Commander solution. This mid-cycle release version introduces new features such as a consolidated RDS Event Viewer and automatic adjustment of monitored session hosts via broker consultation.[Read more…]
Remote Desktop Commander v6.0+ Highlights
The Version 6.0 release of our Remote Desktop Commander solution offered something for everyone – whether using our free Remote Desktop Commander Lite Client or licensed for our full Remote Desktop Commander Suite.
For instance, here are just some of the notable capabilities:
- The Remote Desktop Commander Suite is packed with expanded capabilities – including an extremely powerful Top Level Deployment Status Dashboard that shows you the health of your Remote Desktop Gateways, Remote Desktop Connection Brokers, and Session Hosts all in an interactive window. This dashboard also integrates with our Remote Desktop Canary product to show current RDS login times in your RDS deployment and alert you to any RDP login issues.
- The Remote Desktop Commander Client has been optimized for additional speed and efficiency when it loads collections full of session hosts.
Remote Desktop Commander v5.1 Now Available!
Greetings friends and current Remote Desktop Commander customers! We’ve just released Version 5.1 of our Remote Desktop Commander Lite, Premium Management Features, and Remote Desktop Commander Suite solutions. While largely a maintenance release, Version 5.1 introduces a new Drain Mode Helper for RDS collections and AVD hostpools – and this feature is available in both the free Remote Desktop Commander Lite and commercial Premium Management Features and Remote Desktop Commander Suite releases.[Read more…]
Remote Desktop Commander v5.0 Highlights
Version 5.0+ of the Remote Desktop Commander and Premium Management Features solutions offers something for everyone – whether you use our free Remote Desktop Commander Lite Client, or you have a license for our commercial products. For instance:
- The Remote Desktop Commander Suite now includes a brand new dashboard and report to track CPU usage by application, plus a new Agent Tuning Wizard and Agent Polling Diagnostics report.
- Our Premium Management Features overlay now offers the Client Side Connection Analyzer, which makes it very easy to troubleshoot RDP disconnects and other connection problems that your users experience on their Windows PCs.
- The Remote Desktop Commander Client now displays, sorts, and groups by user session connection time. [Read more…]
Remote Desktop Canary v2.3 Highlights
The release of Version 2.3 of Remote Desktop Canary, our synthetic RDP and WVD monitoring and alerting workhorse, offered a whole batch of powerful new features and improvements:
- WVD support. Whether you’re still using WVD classic (e.g. Fall 2019 Mode), or you’ve migrated over to WVD in ARM mode (e.g. the Spring 2020 Update), Remote Desktop Canary now supports WVD.
- An enhanced workflow cloning wizard. Now, if you want to test each of your session hosts or WVD hosts “all the way to the desktop” using OCR event detection, our new wizard duplicates your test settings across all of your hosts in one easy step.
- We’ve improved our OCR alerting engine, so if specific text you are screening for is not seen within a certain number of seconds, Canary’s email alert will include all of the screenshots during the login sequence. As a result, you will immediately see if the login attempt has stalled while loading user profiles/FSLogix, encountered a black screen, or encountered another issue.