Keep an eye on the health of your Remote Desktop Services infrastructure from the outside in with Remote Desktop Canary, our RDS synthetic monitoring tool. Or monitor your Azure Virtual Desktop hosts inside your host pools, to make sure they are responsive and are loading applications and desktops in a timely manner.
RDPSoft’s Remote Desktop Canary ™ is our full-featured yet affordable Remote Desktop Services and Azure Virtual Desktop synthetic monitoring tool. Deploy it today to immediately be notified when your Remote Desktop Services or Azure Virtual Desktop environment goes offline or is slow to respond to incoming RDP login requests. Capture RDP login time statistics for integration with your own network monitoring solutions. Determine exactly where the bottleneck is in your RDS infrastructure – whether it be at your Remote Desktop Gateway, Connection Broker, or Session Host. Capture screenshots during the RDP client login sequence to profile application load times in your login scripts. Perform OCR against those screenshots to receive alerts about slow application load times, user profile problems, and other error conditions inside an RDS or AVD session.
- Run Remote Desktop Canary 24/7 as a Windows service on a VM inside or outside your end user computing environment. It is capable of reinitializing its testing automatically if its host VM is restarted for updates or maintenance.
- Test connectivity to full Remote Desktop Services environments (e.g RDS farms and collections), standalone servers running RDP (including Citrix hosts), or AVD hosts running in Azure.
- Conduct internal OR external tests against your RDS environments. External tests require that a Remote Desktop Gateway is part of your RDS deployment.
- Conduct internal tests against your AVD host pools. Verify that your AVD hosts are up and responding to logins in a timely manner in a much more robust way than with standard AVD diagnostics. For instance, be alerted to slow login times or black screens caused by FSLogix failures or Group Policy problems.
- Conduct routine, rapid “multi-server” connectivity tests against all session hosts in RDS collections or AVD hosts in hostpools if desired.
- Receive alerts when servers or Remote Desktop Services collections are inaccessible via RDP or AVD, accompanied with the specific reason why the connection failed based on the error received by our testing client.
- When Remote Desktop Canary is deployed inside your end user computing environment, automatically collect and transmit relevant error and warning event log entries from the RDS or AVD hosts in question inside alert emails, to provide instant context about developing issues.
- Create as many testing workflows as needed to test different named RDS collections (farms) or individual groups of servers / AVD hosts.
- Schedule different workflow tests to run at different times of day using the scheduling component of the Remote Desktop Canary service.
- Rapidly set up new workflows by importing saved RDP files or RDP files downloaded from your RDWeb server. Or clone one workflow into many by importing AVD hosts from your AVD broker or Azure Resource Manager.
- Specify a “login threshold time” in seconds so you are only notified when Remote Desktop logins take longer than average. Learn what that average is by leveraging digest emails that summarize normal login times into daily reports.
- Bypass login banners automatically with generated synthetic input, so the login sequence can continue for OCR testing.
- Turn on OCR detection to generate alerts when an application does not appear in our RDP client after a certain number of seconds, or to receive alerts when other error conditions appear (user profile loading problems and group policy issues, for instance).
- Receive digest emails every day or multiple times a day that summarize connection times and application startup times at different times of day, in order to see how load impacts user connection times. Cross reference connection times with server load data maintained by our Remote Desktop Commander Suite.
- Send alert emails to one set of recipients (e.g. service ticketing application, admin on call) and summary emails to other recipients.
- See how long it takes each RDS infrastructure role service to respond in the RDP connection sequence (Gateway > Broker > Session host).
- Store RDP connection time statistics in a SQL database table, for analysis and for integration with leading NMS vendors like Paessler, Ipswitch, and Solarwinds.
- If desired, receive emails with attached screenshots so you can trace how long it takes for initial programs to load and other login script actions to complete, in conjunction with OCR-based alerting.
- Use our companion “Signed In” applet inside login scripts to automatically signify when a user session has logged in completely and then auto-logoff that testing session.
- Toggle specific workflows in and out of maintenance mode, to suspend alerting if specific Remote Desktop servers or collections are being patched or taken out of service.
Remote Desktop Canary’s pricing is affordable and straightforward. Each recurring test into a specific RDS environment (e.g. a test against a particular RDP server or a specific RDS collection/farm) is a defined workflow that needs to be licensed. For instance, if you have an RDS environment with 3 different collections/farms you need to test against, you would need 3 workflow licenses. In addition to testing a full RDS collection, each workflow license also allows you to test up to 10 RDP servers or WVD hosts individually, if you are running Windows Virtual Desktop, do not use a broker, or also want to check the responsiveness and health of host VMs individually.
We sell our workflow licensing in bundles.
|Workflow Count||Monthly Subscription||Annual Subscription|
(Up to 10 Hosts)
|$59.99 per month||$499.99 per year|
|Up to 3 workflows|
(Up to 30 Hosts)
|$119.99 per month||$999.99 per year|
|Up to 5 workflows|
(Up to 50 Hosts)
|$149.99 per month||$1299.99 per year|
|More than 5 / I need|
|Contact Us For Quote||Contact Us For Quote|
Demos and Learning Library
If you’d like to request a demonstration or a time-limited trial from an RDPSoft sales specialist, please click here. Please also enjoy these pre-recorded demonstration videos below that show how Remote Desktop Canary works and how it can be configured to meet the needs of your environment.