Greetings friends and current Remote Desktop Commander customers! We’ve just released Version 6.5 of our Remote Desktop Commander solution. This mid-cycle release version introduces new features such as a consolidated RDS Event Viewer and automatic adjustment of monitored session hosts via broker consultation.[Read more…]
The Version 6.0 release of our Remote Desktop Commander solution offered something for everyone – whether using our free Remote Desktop Commander Lite Client or licensed for our full Remote Desktop Commander Suite.
For instance, here are just some of the notable capabilities:
- The Remote Desktop Commander Suite is packed with expanded capabilities – including an extremely powerful Top Level Deployment Status Dashboard that shows you the health of your Remote Desktop Gateways, Remote Desktop Connection Brokers, and Session Hosts all in an interactive window. This dashboard also integrates with our Remote Desktop Canary product to show current RDS login times in your RDS deployment and alert you to any RDP login issues.
- The Remote Desktop Commander Client has been optimized for additional speed and efficiency when it loads collections full of session hosts.
Version 5.0+ of the Remote Desktop Commander and Premium Management Features solutions offers something for everyone – whether you use our free Remote Desktop Commander Lite Client, or you have a license for our commercial products. For instance:
- The Remote Desktop Commander Suite now includes a brand new dashboard and report to track CPU usage by application, plus a new Agent Tuning Wizard and Agent Polling Diagnostics report.
- Our Premium Management Features overlay now offers the Client Side Connection Analyzer, which makes it very easy to troubleshoot RDP disconnects and other connection problems that your users experience on their Windows PCs.
- The Remote Desktop Commander Client now displays, sorts, and groups by user session connection time. [Read more…]
It has been around a while, but if you’ve missed it, RDPSoft released a free Remote Desktop log viewer tool quite sometime ago called RDS Log Viewer. And since this post was first written in April of 2018, it’s been updated. So, the later versions are even better now.
For more information, you can see the details on the Remote Desktop Gateway features and get the download link.
But first, here’s a screenshot of it in action . . .
To summarize the features very briefly, this tool displays both logon failures and successful logons from RDS session hosts. It has many features to assist you in finding the user account of an logon failure and then locating the attacker’s source IP, including:
- Displaying traditional “security log only” RDS failures when the Security Layer is RDP
- Correlating logon failures with NLA when the Security Layer is TLS/SSL
In addition, there are other features such as:
- Showing all successful RDS authentifications
- Ability to export the results to comma-delimited text
- Ability to geolocate the attacker’s IP address
. . . And of course, there is much more now.
Updated: October 2020.
Years ago, we launched a flexible month-to-month subscription licensing program for our Remote Desktop Commander Suite, and the result was phenomenal. The traditional channel-driven, expensive perpetual licensing models used by our competition were simply making less and less sense.
While occasionally we offer promotions, you can always count on this: We offer month-to-month licensing that starts at less than $10 per RDS/XenApp server per month, and at about a $1 per virtual desktop/physical workstation.
For more details, check out our pricing for Remote Desktop Commander.
RDS Tools for Specific Tasks . . . And Within Reach
Small and medium-sized businesses who run server-based computing farms designed around Microsoft Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp continue to enthusiastically embrace our licensing model, thrilled to finally have reliable tools that cover areas like:
All with so little additional cost.
Updated: January 2021.