- Do you need a robust remote assistance platform to support users connecting to your Remote Desktop Services, RemoteApp, or Windows Virtual Desktop deployments?
- Do you need to delegate rights to your help desk and support staff so that they can shadow and manage user sessions, without giving them admin rights on your terminal servers and connection brokers?
- Do you run Remote Desktop Services in a highly regulated environment that requires continuous monitoring of user session activity?
Starting at only $99.99 per admin/help desk user per year (or $9.99 per admin/help desk user per month), a Premium Management Features subscription allows you to extend the functionality of the management features already included in our Remote Desktop Commander Lite and Remote Desktop Commander Suite solutions. It’s also a perfect little “Micro RMM” for your support staff without the big ticket price of other RMMs in the market.
A Premium Management Features subscription provides you with access to:
- Our SuperShadow™ tool, which greatly surpasses the default shadowing capabilities in the Microsoft client (MSTSC), and provides a multi-session monitoring platform for highly regulated industries. SuperShadow works with RDS desktop sessions, WVD desktop sessions, and RemoteApp sessions running in RDS or WVD.
- Our RDS Management Delegation Wizard, which allows administrators to quickly delegate specific Remote Desktop Services management tasks to support staff on all Remote Desktop hosts, without needing to make them administrators on those session hosts or on connection brokers.
- Our WVD Management Delegation Wizard, which allows administrators to quickly delegate specific WVD management tasks to support staff on all WVD hosts in tenant host pools, without needing to make them administrators on those hosts.
Use SuperShadow To Support and Monitor User Sessions Running Full Desktops or RemoteApps Inside Remote Desktop Services and Windows Virtual Desktop Environments
Our SuperShadow tool greatly extends the native shadowing capabilities in Remote Desktop Services:
- Admins, help desk staff, and managers can shadow multiple user sessions at the same time in a single window.
- Admins and support staff can shadow all user sessions connected to a single terminal server at the same time with a single click.
- Admins and support staff can shadow multiple user sessions from different session hosts at the same time.
- Shadowed user sessions stay in a “Mini-View” until expanded to Full View.
- Admins and support staff can rapidly switch between shadowed sessions to help or observe other users.
- Users with multiple monitor sessions can be shadowed successfully by disabling scaling. This allows admins and support staff to scroll and navigate to the monitor of interest.
- Shadowing RemoteApp sessions is fully supported.
- Shadowing all remote and console sessions on Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019 AND Windows 8/Windows 10 are completely supported.
- Rapid reconnect support allows support staff to reconnect back to a user session if shadowing is interrupted due to a network issue. Admins can also switch easily between View and Full Control mode.
- NO extra agent software must run or be installed on the target terminal server or workstation – only the existing Microsoft shadow “plumbing” is used to initiate the connection.
- Connection quality metrics from the shadowed session(s) are displayed to the admin / support staff user, so they can determine if the user has a poor connection into the environment.
- Managers in highly regulated industries can monitor the live activity of multiple users at once with or without requesting user consent.
- Unlike other popular Remote Assistance platforms, no invitation URLs have to be sent. Admins and help desk staff simply locate the user(s) to shadow in the Remote Desktop Commander client, select them, and then invoke the SuperShadow menu item.
Use the RDS Management Delegation Wizard to Allow Help Desk Staff To Manage Specific Remote Desktop Tasks- Without Making Them Administrators on Session Host Servers or Connection Brokers
Larger organizations are often frustrated by the inability to delegate management tasks to support staff when deploying Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. Our RDS Management Delegation Wizard makes this trivially easy to fix.
- Administrators can create a group in Active Directory that will contain all of the Remote Desktop Services / Windows Virtual Desktop support staff.
- Admins can then choose the rights they want that Help Desk Staff group to have on their terminal servers and WVD hosts (e.g. shadowing, logoff/disconnect users, send messages, etc), by setting those permissions on a single session host that acts as a template server.
- Admins can also grant that group the ability to query the Connection Broker or the Windows Virtual Desktop broker to obtain up-to-date lists of RDS collections / WVD host pools and the servers in each collection, as well as allow members of the group to read key diagnostic performance counters from the terminal servers.
- Finally, admins can elect which session hosts from specific collections to apply these management policies to. Management permissions from the template server are then cloned to these session hosts.
- A status report is then generated as the RDS/WVD Management Delegation Wizard runs.